Hong Kong, China
Eric Siu is raised in Hong Kong and is currently a resident artist of the Ishikawa Komuro Laboratory at the University of Tokyo. In 2010, he received his MFA from the Department of Design Media Arts at UCLA after completed a 12-month cultural exchange and research project in the United States. He earned his bachelor degree from the School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong.
Eric’s video art and multi-media works have been shown internationally including USA, Australia, Japan, Korea, Germany, and Poland, amongst others. He received an honorable mention from the WRO 05, 11th International Media Art Biennale, Poland. Since 2008, he serves as board member of Videotage, HK.
Eric has a broad interest in animation, video, installation and interactive art. He loves to create interesting spectacles and to transform human perception and experience to sensational levels. His work always blurs the boundaries between high and low culture at the same time provides laughter and amusement that entail critical thoughts. He explores media in a raw and primitive perspective.
Awards /Residencies / Accomplishments
- Vimeo Festival+Awards 2010,Shortlisted
- The 4th Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Exellence Awards 2005
- WRO 05,11th International Media Art Biennale 2005,Wroclaw,Poland,Honorable Mention
- Transitio_mx 2011, Mexico City, Mexico.
- FILE 2011, São Paulo, Brazil.
- When New Vision meets New Media Exhibition 2010, New Vision Arts Festival, Cultural Centre, Hong Kong
- Hello World 2010, New Wright Gallery,Design Media Arts,UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
- Body Trail 2009, sixpackfilm,Vienna, Austria
- Art Gallery 2009, SIGGRAPH ASIA,Yokohama, Japan
- SPARK ISEA 2009, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- WRO 09 2009, 13th Media Art Biennale,Expanded City, Wrocław, Poland
- Intrude 366 2008, Zendai MoMa,Shanghai, China
- Location One 2008, New York, USA
- Supermasochist 2008, Come Out & Play,Apexart, New York, USA
- Hong Kong & Shenzhen Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism\Architecture 2008; Refabricating City, Hong Kong
- Keep an eye on China 2008, N.O.Gallery, Milan, Italy
- Transmediale 2007, Berlin, Germany
- Inter Media Art Institute 2006, Düsseldorfie, Poland
- Folkwang Museum Essen 2006, Germany
- Backup Festival 2005, Germany
- EXiS 2005 Experimental Film and Video Festival 2005, South Korea